Mdm Gu Haiying*
Ms Jin Qi
Ms Siti Masyitah
Ms Sharon Sin
Tuesday and Thursday: 2:00pm - 4.00pm
- To participate in activities to learn the skills and techniques of playing the string instruments.
- To provide pupils opportunities to work collaboratively to apply their learning and showcase their skills.
- To promote the appreciation of the cultural music.
- To develop pupils’ ability to think critically and show confidence in making judgement to the arts works using appropriate vocabulary.
- To inculcate values and provide opportunities for character and leadership development.
Certificate of Accomplishment at the 2018 SYF (Singapore Youth Festival) competition
Distinction at 2016 SYF
Certificate of Accomplishment at the 2012 and 2014 competition
“Being in the String Ensemble has been a great and interesting experience for me. Nothing beats being in a CCA that develops my interest in music and helps me discover my hidden talent at playing the violin. I recently took the ABRSM violin examination and it was a very good experience.”
Verani Wu Huiling (4B)
“I enjoy being in String Ensemble as I have built great friendships with my CCA friends. We perform together for special events such as National Day and Teachers’ Day.
My friends and I find it challenging learning to play new songs. However, as we practise more, we eventually become better. I intend to be a dedicated member of the String Ensemble and continue to hone my skills.”
Isabelle Lim Shi Jie (4A)